Arthur Dental Group is one of a select few dentists in Kitsap County offering Treatment for Headaches and TMJ disorders. In a relaxing environment, Dr. Lisa Arthur will address your TMJ dental needs and take quick action to improve your life.
Call today for an appointment (360) 782-1000
If you are on this page, you probably already have Googled as much as possible about your TMJ issues, but just in-case, here is a little information about what you might be experiencing.
Some of the Common Symptoms of TMD:
- Pain in the jaw or face
- A popping or clicking of the jaw joints
- A crunching sound in the jaw joints
- Catching or locking of the jaw
- Pain when chewing
- Ear pain without an ear infection present
- A congested feeling or ringing in the ears
There are several popular treatments for TMJ disorders. At Arthur Dental Group, we take a conservative approach and provided some of the following treatments based on your specific diagnosis:
- Orthotics (splint therapy)
- Trigger point injections
Diagnosis and Treatment can take time, here are some recommendations for you to help your pain before your appointment:
- Place yourself on a soft (not liquid) diet. NO CHEWING GUM OR ICE!
- As much as possible, consciously disengage your teeth — keep them slightly apart except when chewing or swallowing. The rule to remember is “lips together, teeth apart”.
- Your sleep position is vitally important. If possible it is best to sleep on your back, perhaps with a pillow under your knees if that is more comfortable. You may want to also use pillows to support your sides. DO NOT SLEEP ON YOUR STOMACH.
- Do not sit with your chin resting on your hand. Protect your yawns by placing your fist under your lower jaw to prevent an extra wide opening. When talking on the telephone, do not support the receiver with your shoulder.
- Practice good posture.