The calcium and phosphorous found in cheese reduces the pH level in plaque and re-mineralizes the enamel.
60% of people don’t know
A sore jaw, when combined with chest pain, can signal a heart attack-particularly in women.
More interesting facts!
- Blue toothbrushes are used more often than red ones
- Each person’s set of teeth and tongue print are unique much like their fingerprints.
- The average woman smiles about 62 times a day, as opposed to 8 time by men. Kids laugh around 400 times a day while grown-ups only 15.
- According to the Academy of General dentistry, the average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds a day. The recommended amount of time is 2-3 minutes.
- Right handed people chew food on the right side. Left handed people chew on the left side.
- 50% of people consider the smile the first facial feature they notice
- 50% say the smile is the first facial feature they notice.
- 80% of people are unhappy with their smile.
- 83% of people believe teeth are more important to appearance than hair and eyes.
- People who drink 3 or more sugary sodas daily have 62% more dental decay.
- Research says that those with periodontal disease (gum disease) are at higher risk for developing heart disease, stroke, uncontrolled diabetes, pre-term births and respiratory disease.